Notes are a great way for managers to add any notes to an employees profile at any time. These notes are only viewable by HR and Managers.
- Notes Overview
- Creating a Note
- Viewing Individual Employees Notes
- Deleting/Archiving Notes
- HR Admins - View all Notes Across the Organization
- Manager - Accessing Notes During a Performance Review
Notes are intended to allow managers to document any type of note to an employees profile. If a true 1:1 Check-in was performed, creating a Check-in would be recommended (you can view the Check-In Support Article for more details). These notes can be the managers observation of the employees performance on a specific project, if you want to remind yourself of their successes, poor performance, etc. Notes will never be displayed to the employee, but can easily be retrieved by the manager when completing an evaluation on an employee.
Creating a Note
Both Managers and HR users are able to create Notes on individual employees.
- From the People tab, click on "Profile" next to the employee you want to add a Note to.
- From the "Actions" drop down, click on "Add Note"
- Enter notes you want to add to the employees profile in the text box provided.
- Click on Submit to save the Note
Viewing Individual Employees Notes
To view an employees Notes history, follow these steps.
- From the People Tab, click on "Profile" Next to the employee you want to review Notes for
- Click on Notes to access all active Notes for the employee
Notes can be deleted by Manager or HR users. Next to the Note, click "Actions", then "Delete" (HR users will see "Archive").
If a Note is deleted in error, HR admins can Restore the Note. To Restore a Note, click on "People" on the left menu, then the "Notes" sub tab > click on the "Archived" Tab on the top of the page. under Actions, next to the Note you want to restore, click "Restore".
HR Admins - View all Notes Across the Organization
HR Admins are able to view all Notes created within your organization.
From the left menu click on "People", then click the "Notes" sub tab to view all Notes created within the entire company. From this page you can;
- Search for specific employees
- Edit a Note YOU created
- Under "Action" archive/delete any Notes
- Review all Notes that have been archived (and restore them if needed)
Manager - Accessing Notes During a Performance Review
Notes are a stand alone feature from the evaluations/performance reviews. However, we have included links to the employees Notes on the managers view when completing an evaluation, allowing managers to easily access Notes during the evaluation process.
While completing an evaluation on an employee, Managers can click "View Notes" within the evaluation flow. This will open a new tab, displaying all Notes that were recorded on the employee they are completing the evaluation on.