Check-Ins are a great way for managers to document meetings throughout the year between official performance reviews.
- Check-ins Overview
- Creating a Check-in
- Viewing Individual Employees Check-ins
- Deleting/Archiving Check-ins
- HR Admins - View all Check-Ins Across the Organization
- Manager - Accessing Previous Check-ins During a Performance Review
Check-ins are intended to allow managers to document 1:1 meetings they have with employees outside of official performance reviews. Check-ins can only be created and seen by Managers and HR Users. Employees will not have the ability to create Check-ins, or be able to see the results of the check-ins. You could say this is only a Manager and HR User feature!
Creating a Check-in
Both Managers and HR users are able to create check-ins on individual employees.
- From the People tab, click on "Profile" next to the employee you want to add a Check-in for.
- From the "Actions" drop down, click on "Create Check-in"
- Enter the "Meeting Date" when the Check-in happened.
- If desired, enter in a score.
- Add notes from the Check-In meeting you would like to document. These notes can be access at any time by HR or the Manager, and can also be easily accessed during the Performance Review process as a manager.
- Click on Submit to save the check-in
Viewing Individual Employees Check-ins
To view an employees Check-in history, follow these steps.
- From the People Tab, click on "Profile" Next to the employee you want to review check-ins for
- Click on Check-Ins to access all active check-ins for the employee
- You can easily see
- How many check-ins were recorded in the past 12 months
- When the last check-in was created in the system
- When the last Check-in Meeting was conducted
Check-ins can be deleted by Manager or HR users. Next to the Check-in, click "Actions", then "Delete" (HR users will see "Archive").
If a check-in is deleted in error, HR admins can Restore the Check-in. To Restore a Check-in, click on "Check-Ins" on the left menu > click on the "Archived" Tab on the top of the page, then under Actions, next to the check-in you want to restore, click "Restore".
HR Admins - View all Check-Ins Across the Organization
HR Admins are able to view all Check-ins created within your organization, allowing you to easily see which managers are documenting their meetings with employees. There are two ways to view all check-ins across the organization.
From the left menu click on "Check-ins" to view all check-ins created within the entire company. From this page you can;
- Search for specific employees
- Edit a check-in YOU created
- Under "Action" archive/delete any check-in
- Review all check-ins that have been archived (and restore them if needed)
From the left menu click on "Reports", then the sub tab "Check-ins". This page does not allow you to make edits to check-ins, but you are able to organize the data and export them into a CSV or PDF.
If you click and drag the two lines next to a column header into the box next to the CSV and PDF buttons, you can group the report by the column header you selected.
Manager - Accessing Previous Check-ins During a Performance Review
Check-ins are a stand alone feature from the evaluations/performance reviews. However, we have included links to the employees Check-ins on the managers view when completing an evaluation, allowing managers to easily access Check-ins during the evaluation process.
While completing an evaluation on an employee, Managers can click "View Check-ins" within the evaluation flow. This will open a new tab, displaying all check-ins that were recorded on the employee they are completing the evaluation on.